Dear Followers of Happy Trails,
I couldn’t believe this was to be my last full day at camp. Richard called and said the Robert and Trystan would be joining him in Birmingham . They hoped to come to our sing that evening (which would be open to the community). I decided that in that case, I would leave camp after the singing so they wouldn’t have to come back again next day to pick me up and because nothing was scheduled for the next day except breakfast.
Our lodge was in charge of planning events for the day and a devotional was also scheduled following lunch. I enjoyed the whole program and the best part was singing a big thank you to the kitchen staff.
The classes were about the same as the other days, with lots of review and more singing. I was talked into attending a session on the future of Camp FaSoLa . It was interesting discovering the concerns of the camp organizers and discussing possible changes for next year. Later, I happened to be outside the chapel when Richard, Robert and Trystan arrived and I was happy to see all of them.
I think Robert and Trystan were interested and somewhat entertained. When everyone started moving their arms (to keep the beat because there are no other instruments other than the voices), I’m sure they were surprised.
The singing ended at 9:00pm and we drove to my lodge. Camp was over and I loved it…hope to come again. Trystan came in and helped me pack up and then we had a beautiful drive to Birmingham . On the drive through the forested hill country, the moon was a beautiful and strange red color.
I learned later that this was because of the ash ejected by a Chilean volcano. As we neared Birmingham , we passed through areas only recently devastated by tornadoes.
See you soon good Buddies,
Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment